Request a Presentation or Training
We are happy to prepare a presentation for your organization! Our team is able to present on a wide variety of topics and issues related to the LGBTQIAP+ community. Depending on the program, we do request a registration fee to supplement the costs to develop and deliver the material. All funds go directly to Pride Center operations, services, and programs. Please contact us to determine if your presentation request would require a registration fee.
Interested in hosting a training for your organization to learn how to support the LGBTQIAP+ community? Participate in our interactive 3-hour training tailored to your profession: Practicing Allyship and Delivering LGBTQIAP+ Affirming Care. For this in-depth training, we do request a $60 per person registration fee; however, we are able to assist with some costs depending on feasibility with your organization. Learn more about the program below.
Allyship is a term we hear often when referring to supporting a community in which you are not a member. However, being an ally is not an identity and more than simply stating you “support” the community or “accept” who they are. Allyship is an active, consistent practice of using your privilege to learn and operate in solidarity with marginalized and historically oppressed groups of people. Individuals within the LGBTQIAP+ community (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual, pansexual, and across the spectrum) face unique challenges while navigating the world. Throughout this interactive training, you will learn about sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, privilege, bias, the impact of systemic and institutional oppression, and issues faced by the LGBTQIAP+ community. With this foundational knowledge, you will also learn best practices for providing LGBTQIAP+ affirming care and how to become a strong ally to your LGBTQIAP+ friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, students, and community members.
As a result of engaging in this training, you will:
- Develop an understanding of basic terminology and the LGBTQIAP+ community culture.
- Analyze concepts such as the gender binary, gender roles, heteronormativity, homophobia, and transphobia.
- Learn about historical events, systems of oppression, and the impact of discrimination on the LGBTQIAP+ population.
- Reflect on personal identity, bias, privilege, and intersectionality.
- Identify what LGBTQIAP+ allyship means and ways to make allyship part of your life and/or practice.
- Develop the knowledge and skills to deliver LGBTQIAP+ affirming care in your practice.
Request a presentation or training here.
For accessibility needs or accommodations, contact email@example.com.